Frequently Asked Questions

What is the application process?

1. Fill in the DBIC Online Application form and upload the required materials.

2. Receive an acceptance confirmation and welcome email from our office.

3. Receive a scanned copy of our formal invitation letter

4. Go go to your local Chinese Embassy or Consulate to apply for a China visa.(For international passport holders)

5. Pay the program fees through our online payment link or via bank wire transfer.

6. Purchase travel or accident medical treatment insurance, and send us the screenshots of your insurance and visa.

Where does the program take place?

Open Program I takes place in Beijing.

Open Program II takes place across 3 major cities in China: Beijing, Xi’an and Shanghai. Participants will travel from the north to the south of China and gain in-depth look at China's business landscape across different regions.

Does your program grant academic credit and how will I be graded?

Guanghua will grant 6 credits (equivalent to 108 contact hours) for participants in Open Program I and 3 credits (equivalent to 36 contact hours) for participants in Open Program II. We will provide students with an official academic transcript upon successful completion of the DBIC program.

Participation will count for 25% of the final grade. Each participant will be required to complete a group project and give a presentation at the course's final session. The final project will count as 75% of the final grade. Guanghua professors will grade the final projects.

Is the program taught in English or Chinese?

Open Program I courses are all taught in Chinese. Applicants interested in participating in Program I should have an excellent command of the Chinese language, both written and spoken.

Open Program II courses are all taught in English. Previous knowledge of Chinese is not required. Applicants interested in participating in Program II should have an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.

Is the program for undergraduate students or graduate students?

Open Program I, which is four weeks in duration and taught in Chinese, is for undergraduate students. 

Open Program II, which is two weeks in duration and taught in English, is for graduate students.

Will I need to apply for a visa? How do I apply?

All international passport holders must apply for a visa to the P.R.China.

After students have been officially accepted into the program, we will send an official invitation letter for students to apply for a visa in their country/region's Chinese embassy or consulate. Further instructions will be provided with your invitation letter.

Please keep in mind that visa processing times vary, so we advise that participants apply for their visa immediately upon receiving the visa invitation letter. Please check with the nearest Chinese embassy or consulate for the required materials and visa regulations. You can contact us should additional supporting documentation be required.

Will I be able to extend the duration of my accommodations?

Open Program I (four weeks taught in Chinese)

Students will be required to make all accommodation arrangements on their own and will therefore be able to determine their date of departure depending on the conditions associated with their visa.

Open Program II (two weeks taught in English)

We will arrange your accomodations in local hotels for the duration of the program. If you wish to extend your hotel stay beyond the program end date, please fill out the hotel extension request form at least 4 weeks before the start of the program. You can request this form from us via email. However, the DBIC program cannot guarantee hotel stays outside of the program dates. Please note that you will be responsible for all costs associated with extending your hotel stay beyond the scheduled program dates.

What should I do if I have special dietary needs?

If you have special dietary needs, please contact our office so that we can make the appropriate arrangements. We are able to accommodate most dietary requirements; however, we cannot guarantee that we can satisfy all requirements.

What should I do if I have special medical needs? Do you provide medical services?

If you have special medical needs and/or allergies, please let us know in advance so that we can make appropriate arrangements. Please make sure that you have international medical and accident insurance while participating in the program and be certain to bring sufficient amounts of any medication you are required to take.

Medication should not be shared between classmates. We do not recommend buying drugs from a local Chinese drugstore. If you need medical services, we will take you to an appropriate hospital.

Didn’t find the answer?

We are happy to anwser any of
your questions.


Contact Us

  1. Office Phone: +86 (010) 6274-7007
  2. Address: International Relations Office, Room 511, Guanghua Bldg #2, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, P.R. China

©2019 Guanghua School of Management Peking University